L3Harris has developed the first-ever launch and recovery AUV solution, which enables autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs) to be launched and recovered from a submarine. The system, called the Torpedo Tube Launch and Recovery (TTL&R) system, uses a homing and docking solution to ensure that the AUV is safely and securely launched and recovered.
Recovery AUV solution which was developed by L3Harris. The TTL&R system is a significant development for the AUV industry, as it opens up new possibilities for the use of AUVs in naval applications. AUVs can be used to collect data from areas that are difficult or dangerous for manned vessels to access, such as shallow waters or areas with high levels of radiation. The TTL&R system will allow AUVs to be deployed from submarines, which will give them a much wider range of operations.
Benefits of the TTL&R System
The TTL&R system offers a number of benefits over traditional methods of launching and recovering AUVs. These benefits include:
- Increased safety: The homing and docking solution ensures that the AUV is safely and securely launched and recovered, reducing the risk of damage to the AUV or the submarine.
- Increased range: The TTL&R system allows AUVs to be launched from submarines, which gives them a much wider range of operation.
- Increased flexibility: The TTL&R system can be used to launch and recover a variety of AUVs, making it a more flexible solution than traditional methods.
Applications of the TTL&R System
The TTL&R system has a wide range of potential applications in naval warfare. For example, it could be used to:
- Conduct surveillance of enemy ships or submarines.
- Plant mines or other underwater obstacles.
- Search for and recover lost objects or personnel.
- Conduct environmental monitoring.
The Future of the TTL&R System
The development of the TTL&R system is a significant step forward for the AUV industry. It is likely to have a major impact on the future of naval warfare, as it will allow AUVs to be used in a wider range of applications. The TTL&R system is also likely to be used in other industries, such as oil and gas exploration and environmental monitoring.
The TTL&R system is a major development in the field of underwater robotics. It is a safe, reliable, and flexible solution for launching and recovering AUVs. The TTL&R system is likely to have a significant impact on the future of naval warfare, and it is also likely to be used in other industries.