Hypersonic weapons are a new class of weapon that travel at speeds of Mach 5 or higher. They are difficult to detect and intercept, making them a potential threat to national security.
The need for a hypersonic strike framework
In order to effectively counter the threat posed by hypersonic weapons, it is necessary to develop a comprehensive hypersonic strike framework. This framework should include:
- A robust sensor network: The sensor network should be able to detect and track hypersonic weapons in flight.
- A capable interceptor: The interceptor should be able to engage and destroy hypersonic weapons in flight.
- A robust command and control system: The command and control system should be able to coordinate the sensor network and interceptors to effectively engage hypersonic weapons.
The challenges of building a hypersonic strike framework
There are a number of challenges involved in building a hypersonic strike framework. These challenges include:
- The high speeds of hypersonic weapons: Hypersonic weapons travel at speeds that are much faster than traditional ballistic missiles. This makes them difficult to track and intercept.
- The manoeuvrability of hypersonic weapons: Hypersonic weapons are also very manoeuvrable. This makes them even more difficult to track and intercept.
- The cost of developing and deploying hypersonic weapons: Hypersonic weapons are very expensive to develop and deploy. This makes it difficult for many countries to afford them.
The future of hypersonic strike frameworks
The future of hypersonic strike frameworks is very promising. As technology advances, it is likely that hypersonic weapons will become even more powerful and difficult to defend against. This will make it even more important for countries to develop comprehensive hypersonic strike frameworks.